Prediction Borussia Dortmund vs RB Leipzig – 14 October 2017
Borussia Dortmund have a 41-match unbeaten home record against last season’s runner-up RB Leipzig on Saturday night. Borussia Dortmund enough managed to play neatly under the care of their new coach, Peter Bosz, so far this season. They are able to keep five points at the moment with defending champions Bayern Munich in the standings.
RB Leipzig, actually had a not-so-bad start to the season, but performing in the Champions League for the first time in the club’s history, looks very disturbing to their concentration. Leekzig’s two league triumphs in the Bundesliga, and a 0-2 defeat of Besiktas in the Champions League, made their performance look very inconsistent. This could be their weakness to be able to repeat the glorious performance last season.
Dortmund which has a solid defense so far, and the poor performance of RB Leipzig’s attackers, will be a pretty easy game to guess. Borussia Dortmund will be able to win the game if it can damage the concentration of the visitors, especially in midweek, they will return to compete in the Champions League.
Data and Facts of Both Teams:
– Both teams have only two meetings so far, with one win for Borussia Dortmund and one for RB Leipzig.
– Both teams both scored one goal in both meetings. With a 1-0 win for Borussia Dortmund and a 1-0 win for RB Leipzig.
– RB Leipzig’s victory over Borussia Dortmund took place in September last year, with the score 1-0 at Leipzig’s headquarters.
RB Leipzig: P. Gulacsi, M. Compper, M. Halstenberg, W. Orban, L. Klostermann, S. Ilsanker, D. Demme, D. Kaiser (N. Keita 84 ‘), M. Sabitzer (E. Forsberg 64 ‘), Y. Poulsen (O. Burke 69’), T. Werner
Borussia Dortmund: R. Burki, L. Piszczek, Sokratis P, M. Schmelzer, M. Bartra, S. Rode, G. Castro (O. Dembele 71 ‘), M. Gotze (Raphael Guerreiro 71’), A. Schurrle , J. Weigl, P. Aubameyang (A. Ramos 85 ‘)
– Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored as many as 8 goals this season, where last season he managed to become topskorer Bundesliga with 31 goals.
– Timo Werner will be the mainstay of RB Leipzig in this season, where this season he has scored as many as 5 goals. Last season, the 21-year-old striker scored 21 goals.
– Maximilian Philipp managed to adapt quickly after imported Dortmund from Freiburg in summer. The winger attacked four goals so far this season.
– Borussia Dortmund is currently at the top of the standings with 19 points pocketed.
– RB Leipzig is fourth in the Bundesliga standings with 13 points.
– Playing three home games so far this season, Borussia Dortmund managed to sweep all home games with victory.
– Leipzig itself has played 4 away games this season, with two wins and two defeats.
– Borussia Dortmund still have to lose Marco Reus, Raphael Guerreiro, Erik Durm, Sebastian Rode, Marcel Schmelzer, Lukasz Piszczek, Andre Schurrle, Mahmoud Dahoud and Nuri Sahin all of whom have yet to recover from injury.
– Leipzig also lost two of their flagship players, namely Marcel Sabitzer who had undergone dental surgery and Stefan Ilsanker who suffered an injury to his toe.